Join us for the 2.6 Challenge! has launched a fundraising campaign, show your support with a donation!
Join us for the 2.6 Challenge!
These are uncertain times and already all our lives and daily routines are being affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
Despite these difficult circumstances we will endeavour to keep our food distribution services operating where practical and safe to do so. As government measures to contain Covid-19 take hold, the people that use our services will still need food-parcels to feed their families.
Beginning on Sunday 26 April - what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon - you invite you to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise around this.
The number challenge could be anything - 2.6 miles, 2.6 km. 26 press ups. 26 times up and down the stairs. 26 pancake flips...26 cupcakes! Some ideas below:
- Do 26 press-ups – or 260
- Get 26 pals together for an online workout – for 26 minutes
- Juggle for 26 minutes (or just 2.6 seconds!)
- Hula hoop 26 times
- Complete 26 laps of the garden on foot, scooter or roller skates
- Jump 26 times on a trampoline
- Hold the plank for 26 seconds or 2.6 minutes (that’s 156 seconds!)
- Do 26 cartwheels
- Take your dog for a 26 minute walk
- Put on some music and dance for 26 minutes
- Bike ride for 2.6 miles or kms
- Walk or run 2.6km (that’s 3,412 steps!)- in fancy dress if you like!
- Do some gardening for 26 minutes
- Do 26 star jumps
Anything with a 2 and a 6 (as long as it follows the government’s advice on exercise and social distancing).
You can get things started by donating £26 (or whatever tyou can afford) to yourself and then encourage your friends and families to get involved and donate as well.